BIRSA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY RANCHI
BIRSA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY (BAU) RANCHI
Birsa Agricultural University was established on 26th June, 1981.Its primary objective is to develop area specific technologies and manpower in the field of agriculture, animal husbandry and forestry for the agricultural development of the plateau region of Bihar and economic upliftment of tribal and other backward class population of the region.
he programmes and activities of education, research and extension are carried out through three faculties (Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry and Forestry) with thirty five departments, College of Biotechnology, six Directorates, three Zonal Research Stations and farms, one University farm, twelve Krishi Vigyan Kendras, Computer Centre, Central Library and other infrastructure and service units.
The primary goals of the University are to :
- Strengthen teaching programmes and services
- Strengthen research programmes
- Strengthen outreach and extension efforts
- Sustain and enhance an intellectually stimulating environment and a supportive university community
- Establish national leadership in the integration and effective use of Information Technology and computation Services
- Strengthen initiative to stimulate economic development of the area, enhancing human resources and quality of citizen’s life
- Click here for the Official Website of Birsa Agricultural University (BAU) Ranchi