NATIONAL LAW INSTITUTE UNIVERSITY BHOPAL
NATIONAL LAW INSTITUTE UNIVERSITY (NLIU) BHOPAL
National Law Institute University (NLIU) Bhopal was established in 1998 by an enactment of the State Legislature of Madhya Pradesh in 1997. Recognized by the Bar Council of India, the university admits only 80 undergraduates each year through the Common Law Admission Test (C.L.A.T.), who complete 15 trimesters before being awarded a combined B.A., LL.B (Hons.) degree. The post-graduate course offered at the university is the LL.M. degree. Currently ranked third by the India Today rankings of law colleges in the country, NLIU was modeled on the lines of the earlier established National Law School of India University at Bangalore.
The National Law Institute University has earned a front line status of an institution imparting quality legal education. In its brief journey of about a decade, it has been able to carve a niche for itself. The University now stands as one of the most reputed legal institutions in India and has been rated consistently as one of the best law Universities in the country.The National Law Institute University has been successful in instilling a sense of broad perspective along with scholastic and reflexive capabilities bearing in mind larger national and humanitarian goals in its students.
The NLIU has been in an iconoclastic mould to develop :
- genuine independence and autonomy to encourage intellectual freedom and development of personality and outstanding qualities of leadership amongst its students
- Innovative inter-disciplinary programmes with a clinical component
- Imaginative and varied academic courses and extension programmes which include a Centre for Women and Law. Refresher Courses for Law Teachers, an Institute of Comparative Law and Jurisprudence, a Centre for Human Rights Education, and a Continuing and Distance Education Programme
- A system of active learning through high level of teacher-student interaction and internal and continuous assessment of student’s achievement
- Coordination of bench, bar and academics in planning the socially and professionally relevant programmes
- Co- ordination with leading national and foreign institutions for floating abreast in the field of law, legislation and judicial trends
- Click here for the Official Website of National Law Institute University (NLIU) Bhopal