INFORMATION ABOUT CHHATTISGARH
Chhattisgarh a state in central India, formed when the sixteen Chhattisgarhi-speaking southeastern districts of Madhya Pradesh gained statehood on November 1, 2000. Raipur serves as its capital. It is the 10th largest state of India by area.
Chhattisgarh is known for Kosa silk. Besides saris and salwar suits, the fabric is used to create lehengas, stoles, shawls and menswear including jackets, shirts, achkans and sherwanis.Chhattisgarh has rich traditional folk songs among which sohar, bihav & Pathoni songs are famous.Panthi, Raut Nacha “Karma” and Soowa dance styles are popular in the region.Theater is known as Gammat in Chhattisgarh. Pandavani is one of the lyrical forms of this theater.
[Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chhattisgarh]
OFFICIAL WEBSITES :
- Government of Chhattisgarh : www.chhattisgarh.nic.in
- Chhattisgarh Tourism : www.chhattisgarhtourism.net
- Chhattisgarh Forest Department : cgforest.nic.in
- High Court of Chhattisgarh : highcourt.cg.gov.in
- Chhattisgarh Pulic Service Commission : cgpsc.in
- Chhattisgarh Vidhan Sabha : www.chhattisgarhvidhansabha.org
- Department of Finance Chhattisgarh : cgfinance.nic.in
- Chhattisgarh State Electricity Regulatory Commission : cserc.gov.in
- National Informatics Centre : ceochhattisgarh.nic.in
- Public Works Department : www.pwdchhattisgarh.com
TAGS: INDIAN STATES | CHHATTISGARH | INDIA INFORMATION | STATES OF INDIA