INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TEHCNOLOGY ROORKEE
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TEHCNOLOGY (IIT) ROORKEE
Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee (IIT Roorkee or IITR) is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research. The Institute ranks amongst the best technological institutions in the world and has contributed to all sectors of technological development. It has also been considered a trend-setter in the area of education and research in the field of science, technology, and engineering.
The Institute offers Bachelor’s Degree courses in 10 disciplines of Engineering and Architecture and Postgraduate’s Degree in 55 disciplines of Engineering, Applied Science, Architecture and planning. The Institute has facility for doctoral work in all Departments and Research Centres.The Institute admits students to B.Tech. and B.Arch. courses through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted at various centres all over India.
The Institute has the following vision statement :
- To be the fountainhead of new ideas and innovations in science and technology and continue to be a source of pride for all Indians
The mission statement of the Institute is to create an environment that shall foster the growth of intellectually capable, innovative and entrepreneurial professionals, who shall contribute to the growth of Science and Technology in partnership with industry and develop and harness it for the welfare of the nation and mankind with the following core values :
- Academic integrity and accountability
- Respect and tolerance for the views of every individual
- Attention to issues of national relevance as well as of global concern
- Holistic understanding, including knowledge of the human sciences
- Appreciation of intellectual excellence and creativity
- An unfettered spirit of learning exploration, rationality and enterprise
- Sensitivity to social responsibilities
- Click here for the Official Website of Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) Roorkee