FACULTY OF LAW DELHI UNIVERSITY
FACULTY OF LAW DELHI UNIVERSITY (DU) DELHI
The Faculty of Law was established in 1924 and was initially housed in the Prince’s Pavilion in the Old Vice regal Lodge Grounds. In 1963, the faculty moved to its present location at the Chhatra Marg, University of Delhi, Delhi.Law Faculty has the distinction of being one of the largest law schools in Asia and the world. With over 4000 students and 100 full time faculty members anytime on its rolls, Faculty of Law is the largest law school in India. Law Faculty has been instrumental in providing leadership to legal education in the country since independence.
A number of Committees,each comprising an elected/nominated convener,elected/nominated members of the teaching faculty and student volunteers are functioning in the Centre to promote different activities.Some of the important committees operational are Study Material Committee, Library Committee, Seminar Committee, Legal Aid Committee, Placement Committee, Cultural Committee and Attendance Committee.
The Faculty of Law enables both young and working people to study L.L.B.Classes are held in two sessions and students are free to opt for either session.It is the oldest centre of Faculty of Law,University of Delhi,having enjoyed 36 years of fruitful and productive existence.