INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DELHI
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (IIT) DELHI
IIT Delhi is an autonomous statutory organisation functioning within the “Institutes of Technology Act”. The seven Indian Institutes of Technology (others being at Bombay, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Guwahati Roorkee) are administered centrally by the IIT Council, an apex body established by the Government of India to co-ordinate activities of these Institutes.The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (formerly College of Engineering & Technology Delhi), commonly known as IIT Delhi or IITD , is a major college of engineering in Delhi, India.
IIT Delhi is located in Hauz Khas, South Delhi. The longitudinal campus of 320 acres (1.3 km2) is surrounded by the beautiful Hauz Khas area and monuments such as the Qutub Minar and Lotus Temple. The campus is also close to other educational institutions such as the Jawaharlal Nehru University. The inside of the campus resembles a well planned city with gardens, lawns, residential complexes and wide clean roads. The campus has its own water supply and backup electricity supply along with shopping complexes to cater to the daily needs of residents.IIT Delhi has 13 departments. A department usually focuses on a single engineering or science discipline. The academic departments in IIT Delhi include Applied Mechanics, Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Department of Humanities & Social, Science, Management Studies, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and Textile Technology.
IIT Delhi is a center of academic excellence in the country with the following objectives :
- Offering instruction in engineering and applied sciences at a level comparable to the very best in the world
- Providing best facilities for postgraduate studies and research
- Providing leadership in curriculum planning and laboratory development
- Developing programmes for faculty development both for its own staff and for teachers of other engineering institutions
- Developing close collaboration with industry through exchange of personnel and undertaking consultancy projects
- Developing strong collaboration links with other academic and research institutions in the country and abroad
- Anticipating the technological needs for India and to plan and prepare to cater to men
- Click here for the Official Website of Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) Delhi